Last updated: June, 2023
In this guide, you will discover the steps to configure post backs, allowing Kayzen to receive in-app events from Appsflyer. Additionally, we will also provide instructions on granting permissions to enable Kayzen's access to the Dashboard and reports.
Steps to Integrate with Kayzen UI
1. To initiate the integration process login into Appsflyer dashboard and select the App that you want to advertise.
2. To set up Kayzen as a partner, begin by accessing the Active Integrations section in the left menu. From there, locate Kayzen as the designated media source. You can find Kayzen by scrolling through the options or utilising the search functionality within the filter field.
3. On the integration page toggle Activate Partner ON and keep this ON while you configure the rest of the settings.
Enter your partner id, this will be the event API key specific to the App that you want to advertise. Follow the steps in this article to find your app-specific event API key. Also make sure that the view through attribution is kept enabled. To understand more on view through attribution please refer the following article
4. For iOS apps please keep Advanced Privacy OFF. Attributing conversions to specific advertising campaigns or sources may be affected when Advanced Privacy is enabled.
Also if you are running a SKAN enabled campaign please ensure that the “Share SKAN transaction id” is toggled ON.
5. Under the Default postbacks settings, click on the Sending option next to each event and select All media sources, including organic. It enables Kayzen to receive all postbacks such as Kayzen attributed, Unattributed and Organic that helps with model training and optimisation.
6. Under the in-app event settings, start by re-entering your Kayzen event API Key (same as used for partner_ID).
Switch on the In-App Events Postback toggle button and set the postback window. As a next step you can choose to “Send all events (excludes uninstalls and sessions)” if possible. Else click on Add manually and choose the events that you want to send to Kayzen UI by searching with the event name from the dropdown.
7. Once you have selected which events to send to Kayzen UI, we recommend you to choose All media sources, including organic under Sending option and Values & revenue under send revenue for all the events. This will enable Kayzen to receive all event values and revenue if applicable.
8. After following the aforementioned steps, please ensure to save the integration to finalise the post back configuration.
Steps to grant access to the Dashboard and reports
1. To enable Kayzen on the Permissions tab, simply toggle the "Ad network Permissions" switch. Our admin account is automatically included and should suffice as the default setting.
2. Next step is to review all available access that can be granted and enable them by switching on the toggle. We recommend you grant access to the following loyal users, in-app events, conversions data, view validation rules, Protect360 dashboard & raw data and revenue for Kayzen. You can find a detailed explanation of these permissions in AppsFlyer's documentation here.
Save permission once you have enabled required access.